6 Monthly Check-Ups
Dental Check-Ups & Teeth Cleaning
We encourage patients to get regular check-ups to maintain optimum dental health. We offer services that enable you to get the best dental care you need and deserve. It is important to entrust your dental health to professionals who understand the need for proactive dental health care. Your oral health is our top priority.
The importance of regular check-ups
The ADA (Australian Dental Association) recommends that everyone gets a regular dental check-up. The ideal interval is every six months. This routine procedure is needed for the proper maintenance of your teeth and gums. It is important to note that between these visits to the dentist’s office, you need to keep your teeth healthy and clean by brushing and flossing every day. Doing all these things can prevent tooth decay, cavities and gum problems.
Here at our Mooroolbark dental practice, we participate in the national Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS). Some people call it the Child Dental Benefits Scheme, and it allows eligible children aged between 0 and 17 to receive over $1,000 of bulk-billed dental care through Medicare.
What to expect during check-ups
If this is your first dental check-up, you may be a bit anxious about what’s going to happen when you’re sitting in that dental chair. But there’s really nothing to worry about. Here are the things our dentist or hygienist will do:
- Check your teeth for any signs of tooth decay
- Check the health of your gums
- Examine your teeth for signs of diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, and oral cancer.
- Examine your face, movement of your lower and upper jaw, saliva, and even your bite.
- Clean your teeth and paying special attention to tartar and plaque buildup – the two leading enemies of oral health care.
- Special areas of interest during the examination are your gums, tongue, throat, and mouth. Dental health is not just about the teeth and gums.
Make your dental appointment in Mooroolbark today
Take the first step to achieving a fabulous smile and top oral health, by contacting us to make a dental appointment. Call us on 9726 7955 to experience the Mooroolbark Family Dental difference.
Health insurance partnerships
Caring and experienced dentists
Secure off-street parking